Former Subotica Savings Bank

This building was designed by M. Komor and D. Jakab who, after completing one big commission (the Synagogue), were waiting for the new one (the City Hall). Designed also in Hungarian version of the style, it was built in 1908 for the Subotica Savings Bank. Because of its function, many corresponding symbols can be found on the facade. Squirrel – symbol of diligence, beehive - symbol of thrift, owl – symbol of wisdom.

Address: 
Korzo 4, Subotica

Location